We help you to sell your guitar as quick as possible, for the best price
Consignment (We sell your guitar)
An honest price for your guitar? The Guitar Company usually works via consignment. You, as the owner of the guitar, put your guitar up for sale through our website. We value the guitar together with you. The Guitar Company receives a commission (percentage of the price). The Guitar Company has a broad network and works hard to profile our website by use of ads and strong marketing strategies. This helps you to sell your guitar as quick as possible, for the best price. The Guitar Company does the work and takes the responsibility out of your hands. You can sit back and relax. Be assured, everything will be recorded by contract.
This is what we do for you
- On arrival of the guitar we tune up the guitar, clean it and, if necessary, we replace the strings on the guitar
- After a detailed inspection we take professional photographs of the guitar
- Professional presentation on our website. Potential buyers can look at the specifications, high resolution pictures and the story behind the guitar
- When the guitar is part of our collection it will be shared on our social media canals (Instagram, Facebook). We also place advertisements on different platforms and our subscribers will be notified by the newsletter
- The Guitar Company will actively look for potential buyers. We do this by looking for potential buyers in our own network but we also place advertisements on various websites
We make use of a sliding scales with regards to our consignment commission:
- 19% from the total amount for guitars between €500,- and €2000,-
- 18% from the total amount for guitars between €2000,- and €3500,-
- 17% from the total amount for guitars between €3500,- and more
- The commission includes all of the above, but also the insurance of the instrument as long as it is in our possession
- The Guitar Company charges €95,- for the fine-tuning and professional photographs of the guitar. This goes for all of the price classes mentioned above. When the guitar is sold, these costs will be deducted from the commission
- Both consigner as the consignee can end the agreement at any time. The costs for the pictures and the tuning of the guitar will be on account of the consigner
- After the guitar is sold the consigner will receive the full amount due within ten working days on the account number which is recorded in the contract of consignmentConsignment is not your preferred way to sell your guitar? No worries, we have another option:
Purchase of guitars
The second possibility is that The Guitar Company buys your guitar. If your guitar fits in our collection, we want to offer you a fair price to ensure a smooth transaction.
This way you offer your guitar to us
For consignment as for purchase you can apply the following steps.
- First off, we would like to receive background information about the guitar. You can simply do this by filling out the form below or by contacting us directly
- When we are interested we ask for extra information or we arrange a meeting to see the instrument
- Together we will inspect the instrument and reach an agreement